Honey Wax Hydrospeed Mould Release ( 473ml )
How To Order Our Products
Honey Wax Hydro Speed is a unique, high gloss wax emulsion for use by composite fabricators as a mold release agent. It is compounded with the purest gradecarnauba wax, plus special binders and spreading agents.
Honey Wax Hydro Speed is a hi solids water based emulsion that contains no solvents. It is non-hazardous and non-flammable and the water carrier dries in less than oneminute. It is an excellent mold release agent providing repro-ducibility, glossiness, and a non-staining, hard releasing filmwhich are important to the fabricator. It is significantly faster to apply and remove than other paste waxes and the residual film is resistant to abrasion.
For New or Reconditioned Tooling Surfaces.
Direction for Use
Honey Wax Hydro Speed can be applied directly over a mold that currently has paste wax on it. There is no need to strip the mold and recondition. For a new mold or a reconditioned mold, thoroughly clean the mold surface of all con-taminants such as oils, grease, dust or dirt. Sand and buff the surface to your desired level of gloss and follow with an application of KantStik Mold Cleaner.
If it is your practice to use a Mold Sealer, apply 2 coats of KantStik Sealer 1.0 allowing each coat to dry for 30 minutes before applying Honey Wax Hydro Speed.
1. Honey Wax Hydro Speed can be applied by hand or by spraying. Prior to use shake the bottle for a few seconds. If applying by hand, use a foam applicator sponge and apply the same way and to the same thickness as paste wax is applied. DO NOT OVER APPLY! .1 – .2grams per square foot is all the Hydro Speed required.
2. If applying by spray, a gravity feed HVLP gun with a 1.0-1.5 MM fluid nozzle is recommended. Adjust the fluid needle and atomization air such that a fine mist is achieved.
Hydro Speed applies similar to PVA and only one coat of a fine mist is required. DO NOT OVER APPLY!
3. Allow the wax to form a haze on the surface. If applied correctly this should take between 20 and 60 seconds depending upon temperature and humidity conditions.
4. As soon as the wax film is dry, buff the surface to a luster using a fresh clean absorbent cloth or micro fiber towel.
5. For new or reconditioned molds it is typical to wait 10-15 minutes between coats and to apply 5-7 total coats before putting the mold into production.
6. If a new mold is being put into service and molding is done with a polyester or vinyl ester resin, it is recommend that PVA be applied over the initial 5-7 coats of Honey Wax Hydro Speed for the first 2 molding cycles.
7. For an existing mold conditioned with paste wax it is not necessary to strip the existing wax off the mold. One coat of Hydro Speed is sufficient following Steps 1-4.
8. Honey Wax Hydro Speed and traditional solvent based paste wax can be used in conjunction with each other. They are totally compatible.
Storage and Handling
MIX WELL BEFORE USING. PERISHABLE IF FROZEN.
Reseal the cap after each use. Store in a cool, dry place.
Consult MSDS prior to use. Shelf life is 24 months from date of manufacture.