Frekote FREWAX Mould Release (5ltr)
How To Order Our Products
- High gloss finish
- Labor savings due to multiple releases per application
- Low odour
- Minimal mold build-up
- Easy Application
- Visible mold coverage
Loctite Frekote Frewax is a unique combination of a wax and a Frekote semi-permanent polymer release agent. This combination provides the user with the advantages of an easy-to-apply liquid wax and the multiple release performance of a polymer resin. By incorporating a wax into the formulation, a visible film is produced that enables easy, user-friendly application and complete mold coverage.
Frewax is applied in a similar manner as a wax; wipe on using a lintfree cotton cloth, allow to haze, then polish with a fresh cloth. Once polished, Frewax leaves a high-gloss film capable of many releases before reapplication is necessary. Using Frewax provides significant process and labor savings through better mold utilization.
Appearance: Milky White Suspension
Solvents: Aliphatic Hydrocarbon
Specific Gravity: 0.760 +/- 0.020
Shelf Life: One year from date of manufacture
Special Cautions: Moisture sensitive; keep container tightly closed when not in use.
Mold surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned and dried. All traces of prior release agents and contaminants must be removed. This may be accomplished by using Frekote PMC or other suitable solvents. Heavy build-up will probably require abrasion (e.g., grit, sand or glass beading) followed by solvent washing. This will remove polymer buildup or previous release contamination.
Application ** Consult MSDS Prior to Use**
Always use in a well-ventilated area.
1. Shake Frewax well before and during use. Apply with a clean, lint-free 100% cotton cloth. Soak cloth with Frewax until it is thoroughly wet.
2. Starting at one end of the mold, wipe a generous wet film over a 3′ x 3′ area.
3. Repeat until mold is completely covered with Frewax.
4. Allow Frewax to haze (dry). This usually takes 5-10 minutes at 21°C (70°F) with good ventilation.
5. Check mold for any region that appears uncoated (where Frewax haze is not present). If any uncoated areas are observed, reapply Frewax in the above manner.
6. With a clean, dry lint-free 100% cotton cloth, polish the Frewax coated mold until a high gloss is obtained. Change cloth frequently to ensure wax build-up on the cloth is not re-deposited on to the mold.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 another 3 times to give a total of 4 coats of Frewax. This multiple coat system allows the Frekote resin to seal any mold pores and give a sufficient film thickness to permit multiple releases.
8. After the final film has been polished, the mold is ready for use.
NOTE For large molds (>10′ x 10′), polishing is generally easier if coating and polishing are accomplished in stages. For example, coat a 10′ x 10′ area, allow to haze, and polish. Repeat with the next 10′ x 10′ area, until entire mold is coated.
NOTE Application of Frewax at mold temperatures above 35°C (95°F) may cause streaking.
MOLD TOUCH UP Abrasion will gradually cause wear, and parts will begin to adhere to the mold surface if a continuous release film is not maintained. If release becomes difficult, simply touch up the area affected. Only one coat is usually required for touch up.
Frekote Frewax contains flammable solvents. The product should always be used in well-ventilated areas. Store in a cool, dry place.
Keep container tightly closed when not in use.