Leadax Fixing Sealant
All-purpose adhesive for fixing Leadax to the base material or for overlapping.
Cromar Leadax is the first lead alternative in the world with the same properties as traditional lead. Leadax is not harmful to health or the environment. A new generation of lead alternative which is not only easier to use but also easier on your pocket. From cavity walls to chimneys, Leadax is used and processed in exactly the same way as lead.
Leadax is cheaper to buy than traditional lead. And because Leadax is also faster to install, this leads to lower installation costs.
Leadax is lighter than lead and therefore easier to use.
Unlike traditional water-resistant materials, Leadax does not contain any heavy metals.
• Leadax has the same natural look as traditional sheet lead, however
it leaves no staining on roof tiles or masonry. The life expectancy is
at least 20 years.
Add colour to your design
• Leadax comes in lead grey as standard. However the product is also available in black, roof tile red and different colours are available, such as copper.
Longer roll lengths
• Leadax is available in longer strips. So you can seal larger areas with less overlap, saving you materials and time.
• Leadax has been certified by BBA & KIWA. The first and only lead substitute certified by KIWA, the benchmark for lead alternative.
•The basic raw material is recycled PVB. PVB is the foil that is used in laminated glass (e.g. car windows or safety glass).
- Leadax can be used as a water barrier in (cavity) walls and under casings.
- At the intersection between chimney bases and roof tiles.
- At chimney flashings to provide a water barrier.
- Leadax can be applied to the base of dormers and skylights as a waterproofing layer at the joint between dormer side walls and tiled roofs.
- As a watertight connection between an outside wall and an extension. Use Leadax masonry clips to attach Leadax to masonry joints.
- Leadax can be used as valley gutters and waterproofing on the ridges of (tiled) roofs.