Epoxy Resin – Sicomin SR5550 Multi Purpose (3kg) (Fast)
The SR 5550 has been especially formulated for building marine composites: bonding, laminating and wood protection.
It has an excellent adhesion to all type of wood, it has a low viscosity and is crystallisation free.
Excellent for bonding reinforcement materials such as Glass or Carbon onto wood.
These resins do not require a post-cure, so are particularly suitable for home projects. The S-R5550 is a general-purpose epoxy.
Suitable for room temperature applications, gives a high gloss finish, a low surface pollution and is UV stable.
This wood epoxy system has a low toxicity (Phenol and amine free).
- Almost colourless.
- Cures at ambient temperature leaving a shiny non-tacky surface.
- Doesn’t need a post-cure.
- Adheres to all woods.
- Easy to sand.
- Excellent water and immersion resistance.
- Formulation without phenol or toxic amines, does not favour allergic reactions
- Can be diluted with EP 217 for the first coat to really get into the wood grains.
- Epoxy Resin – Sicomin SR5550 Multi Purpose 3kg (SKU: 1502)
- SD5505 Fast Hardener 0.87kg (SKU: 1503)
The Sicomin epoxy resin range is one of the largest on the epoxy resin UK market today.
Sicomin is a leading formulator and manufacturer of advanced epoxy resin systems, with 30 years’ experience in the production of high quality resins.
From their state of the art facility in Southern France, Sicomin formulate highly specialised, custom-made epoxy resins as well as off the shelf solutions. They supply into the Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Renewable Energy, Sports and Civil Engineering markets throughout Europe, the USA and Asia.