Cromar PRO GRP Roofing Topcoat (10kg)
PRO GRP Topcoat (colour coat) is a low odour, pre-accelerated, fire retardent, dark grey pre-pigmented roofing topcoat.
It has been specifically engineered for flat roof applications in the UK market. It is a fully integrated seamless system where all the components are designed to work together to ensure that you can take full advantage of this rapidly expanding market. PRO GRP can be used on virtually all types of flat roofs up to and including vertical surfaces for example the cheeks of a dormer or the inside face of a mansard or parapet roof.
- Cost-effective roofing solution.
- Cromar will give a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty when installed by an approved PRO GRP installer.
- Fire retardant (BS476 PART3 EXT.F.AB)
- Low styrene emission resins.
- Applied cold on-site, suitable for both domestic & commercial roofs.
Supplied in 10kg and 20kg cans giving you flexibility and reducing wastage. All cans must be thoroughly shaken/stirred before use and if separate cans are being used mixed together to avoid any possibility of colour variations between batches.
- Application rate of the Topcoat is 0.5 Kg/m². (You should account for 10% waste)
- UV and final weatherproofing protection.
- Requires catalyst to cure (is not a paint), stir catalyst well through the topcoat.
- Recommended for use above substrate temperatures of 5°C.
Before applying PRO GRP Topcoat it will be necessary to lightly sand the whole of the roof surface, corners and details. Smooth, unblemished surfaces will produce a high quality finish when top coated. After the roof has been sanded an Acetone wipe will aid adhesion of the final topcoat. using a sanding pad or sandpaper lightly sand the corners taking care not to create any holes.
Calculate the amount of topcoat required, measure out into a bucket and add catalyst to each batch of topcoat as you need it. Stir well for at least 1 minute. Apply to the roof surface starting at the furthest point from the exit point on the roof and using the relevant sized soft application roller. The topcoat applied should allow the fibre pattern of the laminate to still be visible after application.
If a non-slip finish is required, a grit or slate chippings can be sprinkled on to the topcoat, this should be added by hand or a dispenser as the roof is top coated. For a neat finish use masking tape or battens to define the edges of the aggregated areas.